Meeting an accident might seem to be the worst nightmare any driver can have. You fear about your safety and in the end, you also fear that your car has faced the worst damage it could ever have. Most people who had their cars damaged do not know what to do next. Sometimes, they even lose hope that their most prized possession has gone out to the trash in just a wink of an eye. If you are in possession of a wrecked vehicle, consider getting profit out of it through the following steps.
- Check the damages – Before you decide to sell damaged car, evaluate the level of damage it has incurred. This way, you can make do something to repair it within your resource and capacity. In order to do this, wash your vehicle and make it neat and clean as much as possible. Once done, check all the parts to see if some damages can be done by you. This is a little extra effort from your side but would also mean more chances for you to increase the car’s value.
- Sell at a fair price – Never ever set a price according to the original value. Remember, the car is damaged and you still want to make some profit out of it. Selling it at a fair price would mean more chances for you to convince potential buyers. There are online sites which offer car valuation services. These would help you come up with a competitive pricing without causing you a lot of loss and wastage.
- Separate the parts of the vehicle – If you want to make more money and sell damaged car, you can check which parts are still in good working condition. Sometimes it would be difficult for you to market a ruined vehicle. If so, then sell by parts especially if your car brand and make is one of the best in the market.
- Post an ad – maximize the advantage of websites that offer a platform for sale and advertisements aside from the traditional posting of printed ads on the vehicle itself. Websites are a trend and all you need to do is sign up, take photos of your car, upload these photos and make a good description. Be sure to post it with a working contact number to directly negotiate with buyers.
- Be honest – When you sell damaged car, it is best to state the real current condition to avoid problems in the future. Your honesty would not only mean money but also a lasting relationship with buyers.